Can anyone do an ICO? Anyone can launch an ICO. With very little regulation of ICOs in the U.S. currently, anyone who can access the proper tech is free to launch a new cryptocurrency. But this lack of regulation also means that someone might do whatever it takes to make you believe they have a legitimate ICO and abscond with the money.
How do I launch an ICO legally?
- Determine What Your Technology Is.
- Understand the Securities Laws Affecting Your ICO.
- Choose a Jurisdiction for Your ICO.
- Create Your White Paper with Eye Toward Securities Laws.
- Maintain Compliance with Securities Law and Money Laundering Standards.
How is ICO regulated? From the point of view of the law in these jurisdictions, the token is a security, while the ICO is an analog of an IPO. For this reason, the relations of the ICO are regulated by the Law on Securities and Exchanges.
Is ICO legal in Europe? Be Aware Of Your Legal Obligations
ICO issuers in the EU should be aware that launching an ICO may require them to submit a prospectus for review and approval from their home state regulator. Failure to comply with the Prospectus Regulation may also amount to administrative and criminal sanctions.